Thursday 23 June 2011

Sweat, Tears and Hypothermia - Alan's brief thoughts

I enjoyed the walk and was feeling good for all of it, not return of the dreaded Caley challenge blisters.  I seemd to cope best with the muddy bits as i overtook about 50 others in the stretch to the last walking stage water stop, but then had the pleasure of waiting for 5 or 10 mins in a midgey infested wood for the rest of the team.  Its is always the problem with these type of events, difficult for 5 different people to go at the same pace and its always a compromise to some extent....

I would have liked to have gone a lot sooner from the walk to bike transition - but again its a compromise.

Highlight of the cycle stages was seeing the cast of Deliverance herding their cattle.  I'm sure I heard one of them saying "You're not from around here are you?" but didn't wait for the dreaded "Squeal. Squeal like a piggy....."

By the second stage I had naturally taken up postion behind the front of our team leaders but in front of the back marker (???!!) so did a lot of these stages on my own which was fine

The south loch road was much further than I thought it would be but that's probably down to the way I was feeling and the cold and wet.  Not helped by unzipping my jacket to show the photographer the number then the zip breaking and allowing more cold and wet in!!

Would do it again if they move the event to summer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment